WECPTA General Meeting
Date: Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Location: Westlake Porter Public Library
Delicia Ostrowski, President, opened the meeting at 7:04 PM.
EXECUTIVE BOARD REPORTS:
· Congratulations to Holly Taylor and Andrea Navratil, council delegates, who are this month’s stars!
· Exchange of Ideas is on May 12, 2012…hosted by Fairview Park ECPTA. We are able to pay for 5 members to attend. Please let Delicia know if you are interested in attending.
· Thanks to Tiffany Skowronski (53 Easter baskets for Laura’s Home) and Laurie Clovesko (made pillows for Easter baskets).
· The budget was reviewed by Delicia.
1st VICE PRESIDENT:
· Delicia shared that the May meeting is Vendor Night…let Lora know if you or anyone you know are interested in a table.
· Slate for 2012-2013: Looking for a third Council Delegate and a co-chair for Community Service
· Year end/installation banquet: date and location TBA
2ND VICE PRESIDENTS:
· Kiddie Kloset is next Saturday, April 21….8-9 AM is early bird…please note parking lot and entrance changes
· Seller’s packets were mailed on April 3.
· The minutes from the March meeting have been read and approved.
· Barnes & Noble Storytime with Biscuit: 15 children total attended between the noon and 7 PM storytimes
· Barnes & Noble Book fair total: $32.56
· Book Club: The Book Thief on April 30
· The audit checked out for the month of March.
· Spring Party will be held at Five Seasons: staff will do organized activities with the children
· Kiddie rooms, tennis courts, manis/pedis for girls, tattoos for boys, food for kids, heavy apps for adults, etc.
· Look for email with details…you will need to RSVP!
· Jared Boxes: boxes filled with goodies for children who are hospitalized
· Bring items to May meeting or drop off at Sarah Camden’s before the May meeting
· Items must be new and no bigger than a shoe box!
· Memphis Kiddie Park and Pony Rides in the works
· Several field trips on Saturdays coming up!
· Congratulations to door prize winners Karen Krantz (gift card) and Jennifer Zimmer (pedicure kit).
· Deadline is Sunday, April 15 for the April newsletter.
· Let Danielle Soltis know if you know of someone who has had a baby or needs some sunshine.
· Emily’s Rainbow Run, Sunday, April 29…register through Liz Pirnat by April 22.
· New board member appointed.
· Board meetings are being held at the schools.
· First day of school is August 16, 2012. Must be 5 on or before August 1st for kindergarten.
· Westlake High School All Class Reunion on September 28 and 29.
· Flower sale through PTA council.
· Congratulations to Cathy Schulz and Kristi Potts, our Charles Scott/White House Black Market make-over winners!
MOTION TO ADJOURN
Meeting was adjourned at 7:30 PM.
Read and Approved by: